Friday 19 December 2008

Biggin up my roof!

Is it really that time already?
The builders have gone, but only until Monday, yes folks builders need work and the money and I NEED my house back!

We have already taken two bookings for the holiday cottages, great I know but one cottage not finished and the other one we are using to cook and live in, so, builders have gone on their Christmas Lunch, off to the local pub for drinks and a meal, it's for all the self-employed workers in the village so they have taken hubby too! I know, I here you asking what about me aren't I self employed? Not according to them I didn't get a look-in, however head builder asked if I was around this morning I asked if it was important he said yes okay said I, I will be here, good said he, as it's our last day can we have bacon and egg butties at crib time 10.00am? As he had made sure I was here I had very little choice, they did enjoy them.
So I have waited for the bus to drop off my little darlings and thought I would suggest footy on the beach - no offence mum but you can't really kick a ball, not even the thought of hot chocolate would encourage them, there is an alternative we could always clean the chickens out, lead balloon effect I am afraid.

So christmas hair appointment on Tuesday, should have had nails done tomorrow, but feeling really low and can't be bothered so cancelled that.
I am sure by the end of March I will be happy again No-one is ill or died and the sun is shining, I just feel a little low and need a good belly laugh, I would blog more but sitting in a cold room doesn't help to cheer me, so onwards and upwards - shouldn't but need to rush through christmas so I can get into my house roof is coming on and looking fab, walls going up inside and the heart is going back into the house. Merry Christmas to all out there whether you are a doer or a reader, no matter what your situation
love Frankie

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Sounds like progress is being made but it must seem maddeningly slow when you want to get back in so badly.

Merry Christmas to you too Frankie. Just think, next Christmas, you'll be in your house!:-)

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

thanks Lane, I know you are right and this is really nothing to make a fuss about, if the nights were lighter maybe I wouldn't feel so trapped!
Have a great christmas yourself.

auntiegwen said...

I think it's a very reflective time of year. I know I've spent a lot of time thinking about Christmases past and even though I am generally fine I still seem to be a little sad.

As Lane says next year you will be in your lovely house and that will be fab.

I hope 2009 is a fantastic year for you.

xxxx