Monday 29 December 2008

Piggy in the dog house!

For all you dirty minded bloggers, no I have not been having sex in the dog kennel!

Piggy is our Jack Russell, we got hime because we live on a farm and wanted a ratter! That is if the need arose, however we are currently setting up our holiday business, through the summer we had caravans coming on holiday and come spring we will have two cottages ready for letting.

This is the dilemma, piggy will not stop stealing the builders food! The guys came to work on the roof yesterday - yes Sunday, put there tiffin bags in the house and shut the door, not good enough he went in the back way and stole all their lunches.... They lock up food he finds a way in can anyone give me some advice, how can we stop him stealing off barbcues, going into the accomodations and stealing someones dinner? He is still a baby and I think he just wants some attention, so an early New Years resolution is to train the dog to come and stay and get him up to scratch by the end of March, else his nibs says piggy has to go!

First born is really feeling the strain of living away from home, really doesn't want to go back to uni, it's knowing she can come home that keeps her there, unfortunatley until we are back in the house there is absolutly nowhere for her to stay - more problems! My friend I walk the donkeys with has children older than mine and she says that the worry hasn't stopped even for her - hey ho just have to get on with things.

On a different note I have bought a heater for the laundry room, it helps dry the washing and keeps me warm whilst on the pc. I went mad yesterday and bought sn electric blanket for my side of the bed, his nibs never feels the cold. I'm sure our heating bills will be greatly reduced when we do get into the house, we are so cold in the caravan that tonight I might wear a woolly hat, we will be so warm in our fully lined, insulated house!



Christmas Day was not the best, turkey was boned, rolled and stuffed for me and everything else was from M and S ready done. Trouble is I love to cook and hardly use salt so of course by Christmas night we were all thirsty ended up drinking water - great bundle of laughs we were. We got invited to a 70s party on Saturday night it was a great laugh with lots of party games people are so friendly here in Cornwall, however youngest had rugby training on Sunday morning so I deceided to drive and let hubby have a few drinks so I dropped himoff at the rugby and went to a supermarket as a treat - yes readers we realy did need more food.
Hope Christmas was good for you all and looking forward to New Year not sure about anyone else but I like the idea of everything starting off afresh on the 1st!

2 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

I'm looking forward to a fresh new year too. It always feels like a clean slate. And you'll be in a fresh new house!

I hope Piggy can be trained. Sounds like he may need to go to classes. Jack Russells are notorious scavengers.

Happy New Year to you Frankie. I wish you and your family all the very best:-)

auntiegwen said...

A very Happy new Year to you and yours

May 2009 and being in your new house bring you much joy x