Wednesday 7 January 2009

Brassed off!

I'm sure everyone is suffering with the brass weather at present, myself included!
Just had a small row with his nibs, he thinks I am making something out of nothing but I thought that he could have been a little bit more supportive. We have not had water since yesterday morning, so half way through washing my hair in the shower yesterday the water went, it returned slightly so 17 year old managed a quick shower last night. Today water frozen again, it's fine for the boys they don't care, but I look like ???? I am running out of knickers, can't do the washing, dishwasher will have to be unloaded and washed by hand. Sorry should I go on? At some point I will need to go out for supplies water, food, and the car showing -7c and to top it all I need air in one of my tyres! All I wanted was his nibs to say darling let me book you and the kids into a hotel for a couple of nights, Ha Ha, trouble is I look like a homeless person at present, so cold and wearing anything that is warm and clean, his nibs says if I kept busy I wouldn't feel the cold, don't you just love him?
The good news is it's meant to be getting warmer tomorrow, hopefully that might let the blockworkers back to keep putting the walls up, it has been so cold that even with stuff in the mix the cement was freezing before they could put it on the blocks.
Sorry to be ranting, it's just everytime I have a mole hill to climb it suddenly turns into mountain.
The good news is - yes there is some of that, the chickens are freezing their vents off, but coming back in to lay! Mathilda is definatly looking pregnant, exciting stuff looking forward to the spring - i seem to spend my life looking forward, I suppose it's because I can see my house coming along and all I want is to wake up in a morning, put my slippers on, pad downstairs and make a coffee, take it back upstairs and have a lovely hot shower, get dried with warm fluffy towels, do hair and make-up whilst being a TOG and then get dressed into smart clothes that match and that are clean and ironed I might even wear some jewels, they have been stored for 3 years now!
Oh well, onwards and upwards....

5 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

There is nothing more miserable than being constantly cold. I sympathise with you. It must be pretty difficult trying to live in the present and not constantly looking forward when you're feeling so grotty. Cant; his nibs be persuaded to just a couple of nights away? Pretty please His Nibs:-)

Just think of all those spring chicks to look forward to. And warm showers and matching clothes. It can't be that far off now? How many more hair appointments?

Lindsay said...

What a horrible scenario - let us hope weather improves quickly.

claire p said...

Hi there,
Just found your blog and had to comment. We went through it all with new roofs and builders this time last year. You WILL get your house back, honest.

We moved from Northants to near Bude 15 years ago and would never go back. Truo is lovely.

And we look after holiday cottages! Don't holiday makers do some srange things?

auntiegwen said...

hey hope it's warmer and with water for you now.

I know I'm probably being dense but what is a TOG ?

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Thanks Lane, was going to have a couple of days in Cambridge whilst no 2 girl looks at art course for uni, however, train journey on return means bus from Tiverton to Plymouth, now think his nibs will drive!

Hi Lindsay, weather is milder which means ground soggy which means MUD again!

Thanks Claire
feel a little better today, especially having read a great story on a blog by a girl called Claire!

Oh Auntie,
you are so young and cool and trendy, I was once now I am a fan of Terry Wogan - TOG (terrys old gezzers). Maybe when I am back in the house the lust for looking after myself will return! (I do listen to radio 1 as well) with 4 kids I need to be aware!