Saturday 17 January 2009

Windy, but it wasn't the beans!

Well folks having spent the first part of the morning, battening down the hatches, we keep an eye on the weather forecast but it seems the wind is about to blow quite severly. I am sure anyone living on the west side of the country will also be feeling a little worried. We have secured as much as we can and have airbeds in reserve if we need to decamp to the barn from the caravan again. Having looked at the met office weather forecast it appears the worst is through the evening and over by midnight. Maybe a few glugs of red will let me sleep through the night.
The second part of the morning was spent getting a late breakfast at Smokey Joe's transport cafe, all went well until having ordered and had a long wait when the food finally came I felt light headed, had a couple of mouthfuls and decided to wait in the car, I felt a bit mean but his nibs and the boys ate quickly because they were worried about me.
I feel fine now, I just think things are beginning to tell on me a bit. As previously posted his nibs is a wurling dervish and his mouth is the worst culprit, he offloads from the minute he wakes up until he goes to sleep at night and even then he has been known to talk in his sleep. Sometimes I wrote things down so as not to forget, in the past there was quite a bit of swearing he must have felt so stressed nowadays it's more of him organising himself. So consequently I will blame his nibs for 'going on too much'. I also feel the need for a leisurely bath and a lie-in, which just isn't possible in the caravan it is so noisy in there without insulation. Still 70 odd sleeps left in the van it's downhill all the way now yippee. The stairs are still waiting to be installed lying on the kitchen floor I keep tilting my head to work out how they will look when put in place.
I hope everyone stays safe in the wind, have a good weekend whatever you have planned.

5 comments:

claire p said...

The wind reached us a few hours ago, and boy is it blowing!! Thank goodness we've got the new roof. I remember well sitting and worrying if there will be anything left when it stops. Hope you stay warm and snug in the caravan.

Lindsay said...

Here in North Wilts we experienced hardly any stormy weather and now the sun is shining, blue skies and plummeting temperatures.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Well we survived, it was awful, but nothing blew away too much and the livestock were all tucked up in bed. The odd bucket went awol, but the sheep have reappeared not a problem. Piggy has gone walkabout, can't find him anywhere. He does tend to wonder off. I hate all this responsibility!

Lane Mathias said...

Less than 70 sleeps now!

Hope that the worst of the weather is over and really hope Piggy has come back.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Lane
Piggy still gone walkabout, sad thing is the vet advised not having microchip put in until we had decided to make him less of a man! He would put the chip in under aneasthetic. Pity Joey can't talk he may be able to tell us - image in head now of Joey doing a Skippy!!!