Wednesday 21 January 2009

Is it possible to be nice to the builder?

and mean it?

Well honestly fantastic builder I take my hat off to him - well according to my family I should never wear a hat! But, when we started on this project and spent a long time getting planning through and sourcing the builder, we have gone from him wanting to build the kitchen the bedroom furniture - sourcing mood lighting etc etc etc. So now we have had someone doing the roof, someone else doing the blockwork, it is so easy at the start of these projects to feel impressed by the confidence the builder shows and think it will be okay. What you cannot do is legislate for builders going sick, wind and rain being so poor that work has to be halted outside, but at least that gets the inside moved on again, hindsight is a great thing. I don't think we would have used another builder because he is brilliant but if ever there is a question to be answered he will ask me and then ask his nibs. No I am not phased by that attitude at all am I?
Who the bloody hell does he think he is, basically he should know by now that I have a budget for the interior and what I say goes. His nibs doesn't bother at all, up until 3 years ago he wouldn't even know where or when we were going on holiday, he would never of noticed if I had decorated a room. He didn't even know that I had moved no2 daughter to another school in year 3! So now he is getting quite wound up about the builder going behind my back it doesn't nothing to help relations at all.
So thanks, much better for ranting it really does help. So 67 sleeps left - hoping to move back in over the last week end of March, the stairs have gone in and look great I have offered to wax all the spindles which will start tomorrow - I bet I get that wrong.

Yesterday was lovely for the weather is was nearly warm well sort off. At present sourcing low energy lamps and fitting, hardly anything decent about, but we'll get there you have to have 25% of fittings low energy to pass building regs, but I am happy with that we are hoping to go along the green tourism route so is anyone has had experience themselves we would welcome any imput.
First born rang today very upset - feeling pressured by some uni girls to take the smallest bedroom right by the front door for her second year house share at uni. Mum wont do needs dad so he told her to pull out and stay in halls, it seems there are a few others who will be doing the same, it is horrible when she isn't here but needs a loving arm. Anyway she is happy now hopefully the row with the particular girl will blow over.
What will tomorrow bring?

4 comments:

claire p said...

I hate it when builders do that. Ours did it to me. They give you that look that tells you you're going to be patronised even before they open their mouths. It will all be worth it in the end.

Lane Mathias said...

Argh! Nothing worse that being patronized! He'd better realise where his cake is coming from!:-)

Glad daughter is feeling happier. Horrible to only be able to help on the end of a phone.

auntiegwen said...

I dread not being there to help EBD, and it's getting closer. I hope your first born gets settled.

Glad that not just my man that was completely unobservant !

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

thanks for comments builder apologised today didn't mean to upset me! His nibs must have spoken to him bless.
Daughter now home AGAIN, exams around the college but they have had some already so allowed out!
Auntie - no2 going in September - can't wait I defy anyone to get along with her! Still love though.
Frankie