Wednesday 15 April 2009

Almost, but not quite!

Moving in day, of course it is. It's raining so goes without saying! Dropped eldest boy at services this morning he has gone with a group of cornish boys for a footy course at Taunton. One of his sports teachers put him forward, it's a young leaders course for boys passionate about footy. So as long as he does his best hopefully he will be satisfied. So treated myself to a starbucks coffee and hit the supermarket very early. Quite a good time to go, no shoppers just loads of shelf stackers in the way and then no bloody tills open! Just another frustrated blogger I guess.

I got back home just after 10 and yes readers builders are still building, no shower door now as wrong size ordered, no kitchen fitter, painter still painting, last doors being hung but still I cannot get in my home and make it well, homely!
Still yet to sort out curtains but not too worried as no near neighbours, just the guys rendering outside the bedroom window and then I guess the painter will be painting the rendering - one day all this will be mine again. I just want slippers, comfort no dirt no horrible workers boots around. Did I mention previously that the downstairs shower/wc and boot room will be boarded up from house so builders can get those rooms up and running so in actual fact house not really finished at all - or am I just being picky? Can't believe that I still have this bunged up nasal/head thing this is my fourth week, it's so much better but I nead both hands for a really good blow and that does relieve the pressure for a little while, can't smell anything or taste for that matter but don't worry about me i will solider on.
Just another note, not sure if it's because we are so busy here but I haven't had time to panic, or have anxiety at all not sure if it's the head? Normally I wouldn't be so bunged up, what could be happening to me? Am I becoming fulfilled and leaving the remnants of my past behind? Am I looking to deep for something that was my get out clause? Who knows, Frankie quit the gibberish!
Might just nip to TK Maxx and buy the lovely bedside lights I fancy?
Too rainy to move just now and house too full of men, well that's my justification anyway.

9 comments:

claire p said...

I think the last few days of our renovations were the worst. It's finished but not finished enough, so frustrating. It will be worth it, honestly.

I hope you nose is better soon. I've turned into a snot factory and it's not nice.

You're not loosing your grip or anything. Cornwall does that to you. Belive it or not I was far more nurotic before we moved!!

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Thanks Claire,
How on earth do you manage to do all the things you do? You are such a calming influence, and to think you find time to write as well? Superwoman, is your new name.
Love Frankie.

Michelle said...

There is light at the end of the tunnel Frankie...keep going and soon you will have the house you have waited for, TK Max lighting and curtains too!!
Michelle
x

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Got the lights MickMouse, usually whilst I make my mind up to get something, when I go back it's gone. Not this time I got my lights, curtains - well maybe a little longer?
Frankie

auntiegwen said...

Hope it's all beautiful now x

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

No Auntie it's not! Can't unpack boxes because decorating downstairs unfinished, no picture hung, no light fittings so frustrating, I want to unpack my belongings not an unreasonable request after 3 years is it?

auntiegwen said...

A very happy birthday to your eldest beautiful daughter, 3 kids, first at 26, 2 girls and both boys a whopping 9 llb 11 oz , my we've got a lot in common !!!!!

Hope you're all settled in the new house

xx much love xx

Anonymous said...

很棒,令人期待............................................................

Jasa Blog said...

Nice Blog Verry Good
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......