Thursday 14 August 2008

Happy Birthday to me.

Well 37 again! Maybe not! Hubby took me out for a lovely breakfast, it was last time we went but this time - not so good. We have found that a few times people setting themselves up in cafe or farmshops, receive funding from different agencies, do the bare minimum to get the money and then the standard drops. It is such a shame when that happens, some people go on the basis that people may go to eat once and if all fails they won't go again but money will have been spent and next year new holiday makers will try a coffee shop and if no good won't go again and so the pattern continues. Folk make enough money to live and don't see the point of making improvements. Maybe a year older has made me more synical! So today I can do what I like it's my day I received 3 wooden mushrooms to put near the pond really lovely, piccie once in situe.
Walking the donkeys this afternoon and later cooking Duck, my favorite, although not one of our own ducks - sounds bizarre couldn't eat one of mine.
Cake will be profiteroles, my favorite dessert. Funny really when it's some other member of the family birthday I cook their favorite meal and they choose a cake the only difference is I have to shop and cook for my birthday, well at least it's edible! Of course plenty of wine tonight.
And a very special day 20 year old has A level results and she is going to uni, really pleased for her, but boy will I miss her she hasn't been away from home before, redid her A levels when we moved to Cornwall so I have been lucky to have her around for a little longer than usual.
Nearly got the photo thing sorted so good day all round. Thank you Vera for having me!

1 comment:

Lane Mathias said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

It's weird about cafes, isn't it. I've always dreamed of having a coffee shop and would want it to be the best it could possibly be but it seems a lot of people settle for just getting by, which is a shame.

Love duck too! Eating one I'd reared myself would not be okay either:-)