Wednesday 20 August 2008

A very sunny day!!!


Rumblings afoot that the weather may be improving as I write this post I find that very hard to beleive, suddenly from nowhere that awful drizzly mist appeared and once again my view has disappeared. I was going to post last night but I had a very traumatic experience whilst shopping in Truro yesterday, they had a book signing by the very magnificent Francesco Da Mosto - maybe not everybodies cup of tea but I certainly went up the escalator more than once just to look! Good job hubby puts up with my little quirks, some men may have got a bit jealous but not him maybe one day I post a photo of him. The builder wasn't impressed I forget to collect the tiles for the barn kitchen, went back to tile shop who "expected me much earlier" builder had rang him to say why I had been late! I took a bit of a ribbing - all good fun.
More caravaners arrived yesterday out of the blue which is good as most people seem rained off, we also had a chap come by on a recommendation and booked his pitch for next year. Great stuff. Can't beleive children go back to school 2 weeks tomorrow what an awful summer we have had. At least being in Cornwall we can go to the beach after school if the weather is nice and we do that a lot. I hope the weather is nice as tomorrow is Fowey Regatta when the red arrows fly past we were hoping to go, off to the poly tunnel to pick toms and tidy up.

5 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Ooh Francesco Da Mosto ! He is most watchable! His programmes are good too:-)

Fingers crossed we can finish this holiday with a bit of sun. We can hope:-)

Enjoy your toms!

Amanda said...

How lovely to be able to take the children to the beach after school. Bliss!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Lovely photo, he is lovely.

I can't believe the children go back so soon, neither can they.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Last day of August and woken to sunshine, shall be good mummy and take kids to beach. I like new school year it's like New Year, a new start and a good clean out! Only 15 weeks to Christmas!

mrsnesbitt said...

Did you have sunshine yesterday?
We did...for a change. Now today we are back to normal! Grey, dull and looks like rain!