Wednesday 6 August 2008

Yet another girls night out!

Just like a bus, you don't see any for ages and then they all turn up at once. A bit like a girls night out, none for two years and now I am out again tonight. Getting a lift there and back, daughter finishes work in pub and will collect mother on her way past. Wonderful, just about to shower and get ready i'm supplying the cornish yarg and the stinking bishop! That and plenty of wine, The rain has continued and the euopean visitors left early to travel to The Eden Project and onwards, towards Lands End, hope they can see with all this mist and don't fall off at the end....

We helped them fix their bike rack and towed them off the camping area, they were grateful and supplied us with a German bottle of Red wine, we will keep and drink at a later date. Been watching one of the broody rhode island red hen, she nudges eggs under her chin and manages to get 3 or more in same roosting nest, that surprises me as they are at least 2 foot off the ground I am going to hide and see how she does it. Does my life get more exciting than this.

5 comments:

Pat Posner said...

Oooh, yum!
Cheese is my downfall - love stinking bishop, yarg is a bit too mild for me.
Hope you had a great night out.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Pat,

I am with you on the stinking bishop,it was lovely night with lovely folk.

Lane Mathias said...

Hope you had a good night out. Getting a lift home with your daughter is a very good idea. I'm looking forward to the day my daughter can do that!

Cheese? Oh love it ...far too much:-)

Michelle said...

I am a confirmed Cheese-a-holic, but am wary of very strong cheeses. Yarg has grown on me since living in Cornwall and is now a member of the cheese board at Christmas as it is one of the few cheeses my son will eat.

I had a girls night out the other night, seeing Mamma Mia at Wadebridge and it was FAB, can't beat a night out with the girlies on a wet and windy evening!
Better day tomorrow hopefully
Michelle
x

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Lane
daughter off to uni in September No 2 refuses to learn to drive so I shall be back to being driver and collecting hubby from Friday night drinks at pub.

Hi Mickmouse
Was lucky enough to see Mamma Mia musical in London sometime ago but looking forward to seeing the film too!
Frankie