Saturday 2 August 2008

Romany eat your heart out!

Well I think I have looked at every possible 2 bed caravan available to buy, I know I won't be sleeping in it, but is it a woman thing? It has to be able to be cleaned without thinking really it needs gutting, surfaces that have no burn marks or cuts on them or stains, etc etc, Get the picture? Well we seemed to have struck a deal, it will be delivered last week of August ready for a clean-up and move in, I suppose I got a little worried when Hubby spat on his palm and shook on the deal! Where does he think he is, maybe is was being in the caravan- turned him into a bit of a dealer. He thinks he got a bargain as the seller has offered to buy it back at 50% reduction when we have finished in 6 months time. Watch this space I shall take photos for when its delivered it should be worth recording! Feel today a bit of a wasted day, wanted to weed and just stay at home but worked out we had children needed picking up dropping off and Hubby helping a friend move some furniture, that has to be done at night because the village roads will be too busy to park and get furniture during the day, Hubby back much later - parting shot- what's for T!! Men and their tummys!
Well put ducks and chickens to bed feel like i have cheated on tea, pizza, burgers not even home made . Its just been one of those days and it's raining again - more and more weeds before i even have chance to clear the ones already there. At least with the rain the donkeys stay in one place - the stable, much easier for poo collecting in the morning, it does take a while to collect 14 poos if they are wandering all over there paddock.

Tomorrow hopefully less rain more jobs, you may not think so but i do enjoy this life.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds a great life, Frankie!
:-)

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Thanks Annie, sometimes the rosie glow is a little stretched, it can be a hard slog and it certainly made hubby and I sit up and find a better understanding of one another! We find if we laugh at each other it releases any tension - most of the time.

Lane Mathias said...

I can quite understand enjoying that life! Even with the donkey poo! I can think of worse. I wish my dogs would go in one place instead of surprising us all over the garden:-)

Looking forward to seeing pic of the caravan (laughed at hubby spitting on the deal:-). A photo of a donk would be nice too, one day:-) (No pressure or anything:-)

Michelle said...

Hi Frankie
Found you via Kat's blog, I too am a Cornish resident (actually I live next door to Kat). I unfortunately do not have any land, only a garden (though would love to keep horses again one day!). For now I make do with four chickens, one of which has decided to go broody even though we have no cockerel!. We have just got back to Bodmin after a week camping (no wait...swimming) in Looe. Weather is more temperate but definitely not drier!!
Michelle
x

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buddhist in Training said...

Damn those weeds!! We've been in this house since November and apart from homing chickens the garden hasn't really been touched yet. There are weeds everywhere. I just keep telling everyone, including myself, it's for the wildlife! I'll get round to it one day!