Tuesday 23 September 2008

Naughty, Naughty people.

Well I have spent some of last night and most of today sorting a mess, my kids save their money if they see something on ebay, we look at the pros and cons and along the way realise if it looks fake it is fake! If a good deal occurs they use my switch card and always give me the cash.

I have two daughters they both love Ugg boots, I love Ugg slippers, cold in summer lovely and toastie in winter. Bought stuff in Florida last year bargins!
First born saw Ugg boots on ebay they didn't have her size but check out the web site!

So lets have two pairs to get you through the winter months. I am stupid. Paypal only protects ebay purchases, we made a one off purchase not through ebay so no protection. £169.39 wasted.

It appears through my Inspector Morse instincts I found the address in London was actually
The Euston Square Hotel London and an address in New York again hotel based.
THE WEB ADDRESS IS aaauggboots.com.
The boots are fake, the stitching is wrong, the label is wrong, the sheepskin lining is wrong, and finally the sizing is wrong.
They had details on web if any problems contact wihin 3 days for a full refund, I asked for full refund said sizing was wrong, guess what, send another $100.00 and keep boot, they will send correct size, shipping costs very dear cheaper this way.
Tell anyone to be careful not just this but any similar scams.
I have had to cancel switch card and suffered massive inconvenience, daughter horrified as she is now away and feels guilty.
So got that off the chest, tomorrows another day, nearly moved into caravan much more ugh! than first thought.
Onwards and upwards.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Frankie

Ebay and other areas of the internet can be a bit dodgy at times. We ordered a game from ebay from a private householder and when we received it, it was broken and bits were missing. We decided to let it go, but put a negative comment on the seller's site. We were then threatened by the seller to remove the comment. SCARY!

BTW ... I'm back blogging :-)
Annie

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Annie,
It really is annoying I sent another mail to seller,no response, I will go to police but paypal can only protect and refund if bought on ebay,this seller was clever advertised on ebay and directed you to their web site! The leassons to be learned!
Frankie,

Lane Mathias said...

Grrr ... I'd call them far worse than 'naughty' as I expect you have too. They are scum. If they were selling on Ebay but pointing you to their website that, is illegal so DO report them to Ebay.
I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I hope they get their comeupance one day!

CalgaryDon said...

Are you sure Paypal only protects eBay purchases? I am opening a dispute with them right now for same site.

Website (aaauggboots.com) that merchandise was purchased from, indicates NY address corresponding to computer Internet cafe, New York Industries USA - phone number (212) 679-6668. Address in London is actually The Euston Square Hotel London.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Don,

It's because we looked at boots via ebay but bought through their website as a one off! So no paypal protection, if I had chopped daughters feet off ebay boots would have fit, police are now informed and the hotel, so so annoying. Great luck with your pursuit. I noticed by the way all ebayers selling boots mentioning aaauggboots.com are all based in Atlanta and all are new sellers with no feedback, interesting Hey?

Buddhist in Training said...

Aaaaaw Frankie, I'm so sorry this happened to you. It is so easy to get ripped off these days.