Thursday 25 September 2008

Scams, Scams and more Scams

Well it appears that not have I been caught scammed, but several other people have too. I have finally had a call back from Devon and Cornwall police saying there is nothing they can do if the crime happens ot of Wales and England. The fact that the scammers use an address in London may well be picked up by the metropolitan police, but aside from that......
I also for now feel extremely suspicious, which really is not my nature.
I feel even more foolish that 'don' left a message anonymously and I divulged some more information I had found by researching ebay - maybe they were genuine but maybe not.
When speaking to the police I suggested they spent time educating students at schools and colleges so as to make them aware you know the saying if something appears too good to be true it probably is, shouldn't I have been better educated I wouldn't of let first born buy said boots in first place!
According to police don't touch anything on ebay it's either fake, stolen or dodgy.
I have now packed up first borns bedroom ready for builders to start extension (her bedroom is off the kitchen), not quite sure what she took to uni as most stuff appears to be here!
Nearly got all the mildew out of the caravan (hubby and mine new sleeping quarters for six months), trouble is I rubbed so much wallpaper coming off Oops! Mildew spray on hands ( I sweat in gloves) i feel like i smell off a swimming pool - lovely.
Better start tea if I start now with my little cooker it may well be ready by 6 O'clock!

4 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

The worst thing about being scammed is feeling foolish but don't be. It happens to everyone at some point. It's just a shame that cruddy people like that force us to be more cynical. Scumbags!

Enjoy you dinner!x

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Lane,
reading this as I eat, T ready at 8,how bad am I, chickens in bed.
Glass of red at hand, moussaka going down nicely as well as our own green beans, wierd going into veggie patch and getting parsley and beans - they taste real!
Frankie

Adventure girl said...

Interesting. You have me curious about ebay. I buy a lot from it and have been very happy. My oldest daughter buys and sells on there. ????????
Have fun with the remodel. It can fun!

Catherine said...

Poor you! I'm sure we all get taken in from time to time. It's a lot of money to lose!